twitter facebook instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest youtube

Wednesday

Fondue--It's Fun to Do!

I live with a punster, what else can I say about the title? I had to do it!


I'm sharing our fondue recipes from New Years Eve. 


Pizza Fondue--a wonderful recipe that our Dinner Group introduced to us many years ago!

Ingredients:
1 onion finely chopped
1/2 lb. ground beef
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1 T. cornstarch
2 t. oregano
1/4 t. garlic powder
8 oz. grated cheddar cheese
8oz. grated mozzarella cheese
2 loaves of french bread cut into squares


Brown onion and hamburger in a large skillet.  Drain fat.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer.
Pour into fondue pot or a crockpot on low.
Dip bread slices in...Enjoy.
It really does taste like pizza on a stick!


According to AH (awesome husband),
The best part of this recipe is eating the leftover sauce poured over hot pasta the next night and the next...


Also on the menu, sparkling cider with Pop Rocks thrown in!
My mom told me about this idea and it sure adds a little pop and crunch to your drink!
Watch out for popping candy hitting into the eyeball of your son!

For dessert--Chocolate Fondue
recipe from Simply Recipes

Ingredients:
12 oz. of dark chocolate
8 oz. of heavy cream
pinch of salt

Warm cream in saucepan on the stove.  Bring to a low boil.
Add chocolate and whisk until smooth.
Serve in a fondue pot on low heat.


A friend gave me these cute snowman glass dishes for Christmas...
perfect for serving our  dessert dippers.


If you have never experienced the taste of a semi-frozen cream puff dipped in creamy chocolate fondue, you are seriously missing out!  Semi-frozen cheesecake squares rank up there too!  Soooo good!


And of course we ended our meal with the Smashing Surprise Cake!


You smash the cake to reveal the surprise.  Click here if you missed this post.




Hope 2012 is off to a good start!  Happy New Year!




Linking up to: HouseOfHepworths, YesterdayOnTuesday, FridaysUnfolded, AtthePicketFence,
Tatertots&Jello, FrugalGirls,

6 comments :

  1. That all looks delicious!! I never thought of the cream puffs...I've got to try them. And I really love that chocolate smash cake...such a fun idea. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YUM!! I've been wanting to make fondue but haven't yet so thanks for the fabulous recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of pizza fondue! That would be great for a party or something! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh YUMMY!!! I LOVE Fondue... This sounds and looks so GOOD!!! :) Stopping in from Crafty Soiree http://shoprubyjean.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pizza idea, and the cream puffs, never would have thought of this at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy happy new year! That cake is simply marvelous and I love the pop rocks drink! Thanks for always sharing such amazingly unique and fanatic ideas! Hope 2012 brings you many many blessings.

    ReplyDelete