twitter facebook instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest youtube

Monday

Mother's Day Party

Mother's Day has come and gone, but I wanted to share with you all our festivities!
Color theme this year:  Turquoise, white, black and silver.
Surprise of the day---beautiful sunshine!

Turquoise Mother's Day Party @michellepaigeblogs.com

Here's the table ready for 13 of us.
I'm one of those lucky girls that gets to celebrate Mother's Day
with my mom, my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law!
It's a fun tradition we've had for years.
Little toys at the kids' places--helps keep everyone happy! 
Most of the paper products came from Hobby Lobby.
Turquoise bowls are from Pier 1. (I found them at a garage sale!)
Giant ribbon was found at Costco.


To add turquoise color to the table, I painted baby food jars
and filled them with fresh white flowers.




(Click here to see my craft fail with these jars!)


I had my kids help me create artwork for our wall shelves.
(Click here to see the 'Love Tree' I made for my mom.)


I tried making my first gumball wreath.
(Click here for the tutorial.)


After the meal, Nana (my mother-in-law) broke into a fun table game...
"Mrs. McGerty died...with one shut eye, her mouth awry, her knee held high..."  We all were cracking up!

And then it was gift time!
Here's my nephews helping Nana.


Each set of grand kids made stepping stones.
(Stones were made about a week ahead of time.)


This year we stuck with the turquoise theme!


By request, I put together herb gardens for the moms.


For the herb markers, I used leftover flattened spoons from here.
I painted the spoons black and turquoise and
wrote the name of the herb using a white paint pen.


And of course, I recently discovered how to set up a photo booth...
Check out some of our fun shots!


We love you Grandma and Nana!  Happy Mother's Day!

'Her children rise up and call her blessed.'  Proverbs 31:28







Linking up to: SweetLittleGals, TodaysCreativeBlog, TootYourOwnHorn, TheGunnySack, CherishedHandmadeTreasures, Uncommon, FrugalGirls,

5 comments :

  1. I absolutely love how you decorated your Mother's Day table & all! I read your craft glass jar tutorial earlier & started to comment and then got called into a meeting (darn work!!! Can't you see I'm busy over here not working?lol!!)Even though they failed on you later they looked gorgeous!AND I love, love, love the gumball wreath. You made it in one of my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Michelle! What a great party...I love it all and the turquoise touches are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your parties always amaze me. Love them! I hope you are enjoying your Memorial Day weekend. Thanks for sharing at Toot Your Horn Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete