twitter facebook instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest youtube

Thursday

Personalized 'Tea-riffic' Tea Bag Cookies


 Inspired by all the tea bag cookies on Pinterest,


I decided to make my own tea bag cookies
for our Mother's Day Tea Party.

The cookies were actually quite simple.
I made my favorite sugar cookie recipe
rolled out the dough, then
cut the cookies into a tag shape using a sharp knife.
 
(I cut around a paper tag I already had in my scrapbooking supplies, but you could cut a tag any size out of cardstock and use that.)


 Before I baked the cookies, I put a small hole in each one using the tip of a thermometer.
After the cookies baked and cooled to the touch,
I went back and re-made the hole all the way through the cookie.
(Be sure to do this when the cookies are still warm and soft.)



I dipped each cookie about 1/3 the way up into the best dark chocolate ever!
Click here for this amazing chocolate. It's soooo good! (yes, it's an 11 pound block, but it will last you about a year!)
Lay cookies on waxed paper to dry.

I wanted to use the cookies as place markers at the table, so I wrote each person's name on the cookie using...you guessed it, more chocolate! 
I scooped the melted chocolate into a Ziploc, snipped the corner end and started writing.



Attached to each cookie was a
'You're Tea-riffic' tag.




Click here to print your own!


After printing, cut out each tag.


Thread Baker's Twine through each cookie,
then tape on a 'Tee'-riffic tag using Washi tape.



The cookies looked quite festive next to
the flower filled tea cups on the table, plus everyone knew where to sit.


Even my cutie pie nephew enjoyed his cookie!







Linking up to: IGottaCreate, LoveofFamilyandHome, FrugalGirls, Whipperberry, NaptimeCrafters, SerenityNow, TatertotsandJello, TheTablescaper, IHeartNaptime, WillCookforSmiles, CraftOManiac, CreativeCorner, MadeByYouMonday, TimetoSparkleTuesday,


6 comments :

  1. So cute and simple to make! Thank you for sharing! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable, perfect for a mothers day tea party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute - my mom would think this is the best ever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so sweet!!! and I love the table....The dishes and stemware are so precious, they look like they were handed down from generation to generation with a lot of love. I think you did a wonderful job!

    XO,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!! Beautiful pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute cookies! The tags are fantastic, too!
    KC

    ReplyDelete