twitter facebook instagram bloglovin google plus pinterest youtube

Friday

Vintage Suitcase Wedding Card Holder



It's wedding madness over here!  

I'm helping my friend decorate for her rustic wedding and wanted to share what I'm working on. 
Today it's a vintage suitcase for holding wedding cards.



This old suitcase belonged to my great grandma.
It's been sitting in my home for years and it's finally getting some use!
I put some vintage linens inside and made
the CARDS burlap pennant banner with materials I had leftover from this project.

The bride is thrilled!

I don't know who came up with the idea to have guests put their cards in a suitcase...but it's genius.
The Internet is filled with so many wedding card suitcase inspirations.
I just have to share a few favorites.

I love how this suitcase is sitting on a luggage rack.
I'm thinking I need to pack one more thing to go to the church!


 
I love the colored ribbon on this one.
A pink ribbon might look good added to my suitcase?
vintage suitcase wedding card box



I like how they stacked the suitcases and tied a bow on the handle.
I might add a bow, too.

Source:  Style Me Pretty



Check out the clothesline inside this suitcase/briefcase. So cute.


Source:  Brides Of Oklahoma



Now this one is quite the display!

Vintage suitcase card box, dresser & door by GreciaParra
Source:  Indulgy



And here's one on Etsy that you can buy for $120.00
Notice how the entire suitcase is lined with sheet music and burlap.
Vintage Suitcase For Wedding Card Holder for a Rustic Style Wedding
Source:  Etsy


I like the burlap flowers.  I might need to try my hand at making some of those!
I've got to get to work!


Click here if you missed my Wrapped Burlap Mason Jars.




Remember you can follow me on Instagram, Twitter or
Facebook to see the latest with the wedding decor.

Click here to see the entire wedding reception.


6 comments :

  1. Love all your touches for your friends wedding! What a friend you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing you didn't toss out or give away your grandma's suitcase! Happy wedding crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, I too am working on a project with an old suitcase not wedding related.

    Desiree @ YourCraftyFriend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was out looking for vintage suitcases this weekend because we will be doing something similar for our wedding. What a lucky bride to have you help her - this looks awesome!
    ~Katie @ Upcycled Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this suitcase - it's just beautiful. I think I really like yours best!

    ReplyDelete